All of the Reasons


I’ve spent so many hours
thinking about why I love you
So many lines and poems
But no poem is ever right
I won’t ever get you right, actually

Impossible to overstate
Impossible to understate
But it actually isn’t even hard, loving you

Loving you is the simplest thing
I’ve ever done

So simple
that I didn’t even realize I was in love
until I was knee-deep
10 ft. under
and my socks were soiled with all of the love

I love you
and I know why

I love you because you are a good person to love
I love you because when I tell you something special
you know it’s special
And you remember it
a long, long time

You say,
Remember when
you told me something special
And both of us remember

When I think something is important
You think it’s important too

We have good ideas

When I say something funny, you laugh
I think I’m funny and you think I’m funny too

I love you because you know where I’m ticklish
And you don’t tickle me there except just a little tiny bit sometimes

But if you do, then I know where to tickle you too

You know how to be silly
You are always silly
I’ve never met anybody sillier than you

I love you because you know when it’s time to stop being silly
Maybe the day after tomorrow
Maybe never

Too late, quarter past silly

Sometimes, we don’t say a word
but I can hear everything you mean
I love that about you

I love you because you really love me too
You really love me
Don’t you

And I really love you back
and you love me back and I love you back
and that’s the way we keep on going every day

If you have to go away
I go away with you

You don’t just say
Well see you around sometime

I love you a lot because of that
Because we go away together

And if I get lost
then you are the one
that is yelling for me
You are always the one

I love you because when I am feeling sad
you don’t always cheer me up right away
You know I need a minute

I love you because if I am mad at you
then you are hardly ever mad at me
and it’s awful when I’m mad and you’re not
So I can never stay mad

I love you because if I think I am going to throw up
then you are really sorry
you say maybe it was something you ate
you say the same thing happened to me one time
and the same thing did
so you know how to love me

If we ever broke our arms
then it would be fun to have a broken arm
Think of it
I tell you about mine and you tell me about yours
We are both sorry
We show everybody
And they all wish they had a broken arm too

I love you and I don’t always know why but
everything that happens is nicer with you

I can’t remember when I didn’t love you
It must have been lonesome then

I love you because
because
because

I forget why I love you but I do

So many reasons

On the 4th of July I love you because it’s the 4th of July
On the 5th of July I love you too
And you always want to celebrate

Because together we are a holiday
We are a party
We are a WHOLE PARADE

See what I mean?

Even if it was the 999th of July
Even if it was August
Even if it was way down at the bottom of October
Or the boring of March

I would go on loving you
and you would go on loving me
Over and over again
That’s how it would happen every time
I don’t know why
I guess I just love you because I love you

I love you

In all the simplicity

In all of the grandeur


I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment